Human Services, Health & Education Committee
To consist of five (5) members with responsibility for:
Oversight, representation, and as appropriate, to make recommendations to the County Legislature, with regards to all matters pertaining to the activities, programs, duties, responsibilities, personnel, expenses of offices, purchase of equipment, maintenance of records and accounts or other matters relating to the offices, departments, agencies or programs listed below, including those specifically identified as follows:
- Social Services:Including all matters relating to the duties, powers, and responsibilities of the County Commissioner of Social Services, in the administration of public assistance and care, or other matters which relate specifically to the administration of the County's Social Services Programs, excluding the Health Care Facility.
- Veterans' Services:Including all matters relating to the County Veterans' Service Director or officer, Steuben County War Memorial, claims for soldiers' burial and headstones, and representation of the County Legislature in all matters pertaining to veterans or veterans' affairs.
- Youth Bureau:Including all matters relating to the administration of the Steuben County Youth Board and Programs.
- Office for the Aging:Including all matters relating to the County-sponsored programs and services for senior citizens, including fiscal and programmatic planning, the Retired Senior Volunteer Program, outreach, information and referral; administration, coordination, and monitoring of contracts for legal, nutrition, home and health care, transportation, senior employment, HEAP, etc; and representation of the County Legislature in all matters pertaining to services for senior citizens provided through the Office for the Aging.
- Education:Including the education of handicapped children and requests for educational assistance.
- Public Health:Including all matters pertaining to the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services, the Special Childrens' Services Program, the Steuben County Community Services Clinic, the Steuben County Alcohol Abuse Program, and all matters relating to the Mentally Retarded Developmental Disabilities Programs, and the Association for Retarded Citizens' Program.
- Health Care Facility: Including all matters relating to the operation, maintenance, and administration of the Steuben County Health Care Facility.
Representation, oversight, and recommendations to the County Legislature on matters pertaining to the following
Pro-Action of Steuben and Yates Steuben County Human Services Committee
Family Service Society, Inc. Community Services Board Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency Health Services Advisory Board Joint Committee on Health Affairs Southern Tier Sub-Area Council of the Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency Corning Community College Southern Tier Association for the Blind, Inc. SouthernTier Library System Southern Tier Regional Emergency Medical Services Council