Agriculture, Industry & Planning Committee
To consist of five (5) members with responsibility for:
Oversight, representation, and as appropriate, recommendations to the County Legislature regarding all matters pertaining to the activities, programs, duties, responsibilities, personnel, expenses of offices, purchase of equipment, maintenance of records or accounts, or other matters related to the offices, departments, agencies or programs listed below, including those specifically identified as follows:
- Agriculture:Including all matters related to the Agricultural District Advisory Committee, Cooperative Extension Association and Board of Directors, Fish & Wildlife Management Act Board, Soil & Water Conservation District, Water Resources, and Wildlife and Conservation.
- Buildings & Grounds:Including all matters relating to the maintenance and repair of County buildings and grounds, including the former County farm buildings and grounds, allocation of space, and supervision of the construction, reconstruction or remodeling of County buildings. The planning of any construction or reconstruction of County buildings shall be the responsibility of the Agriculture, Industry and Planning Committee.
- Planning: Including all matters relating to the promotion of economic and community development, environmental management, efficiency of public service, planning of all new construction, reconstruction or remodeling of County offices and buildings, including the supervision of all phases of the construction, cooperation with all Town, Village and City Planning Boards or Commissions, in relation to local development and preparation of plans, and assisting other Committees of the County Legislature in gathering data, conducting research, and preparing reports and analyses.
- Public Relations:Including all matters relating to the cooperation and coordination with any Federal, State or local officials and agencies or Boards, Chambers of Commerce, industrial development agencies, and any other group in the promotion of improved public relations, including but not limited to the retention of existing industry, business, agriculture, dairy, vineyards, recreation, housing, product marketing, civic and educational projects and their expansion and improvement for the benefit of County residents; publicizing the County's locational advantages and resources; and the County exhibit at the annual Steuben County Fair.
- County Historian: Including all matters related to the powers and duties of the County Historian and matters relating to the Steuben County Hall of Fame.
- Consumer Affairs/Weights & Measures: Including all matters relating to the duties and powers of the County Sealer, consumer affairs and education.
Representation, oversight, and as appropriate, recommendations to the County Legislature regarding the following Boards, Commissions, agencies or organizations:
Steuben County Economic Development District Commission Energy Committee
Environmental Management Council Private Industry Council Regional Housing Council Steuben County Industrial Development Agency Resource Conservation and Development Board Southern Tier Central Regional Planning & Development Board Finger Lakes Association, Inc. Steuben County Agricultural Society Steuben County Dairy Festival Tri-County Tourism Council Soil & Water Conservation