The Four Steps to a Compeer Friendship
- Complete an application
- Schedule and interview.
- Discuss opportunities
Compeer volunteers come from all walks of life, all races, all religions and urban and suburban neighborhoods.
Step Two: MATCH
- Attend a free training session
- Learn about waiting friends
- Choose a friend in your community.
Compeer friends are as diverse as our volunteers. They are referred to Compeer by Mental Health Professionals
Step Three: MEET
- Meet with the referring therapist.
- Meet with your Compeer friend
Compeer staff supports volunteers with on-going professional guidance to facilitate the development of productive friendships.
Step Four: ENJOY
- Spend time and have fun with your Compeer friend.
- Attend special Compeer events.