WHAT IS IT?
TRIAD is a community policing initiative between seniors, law enforcement, and service providers to increase safety through education and crime prevention programs.
WHO IS INVOLVED IN STEUBEN COUNTY?
Sheriff’s Department, all local Police Chiefs, NYS Police, NYSEG, Steuben County Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), and the Steuben County Office for the Aging, along with Seniors representing all parts of Steuben County.
WHEN DID IT START?
Nationwide in 1988, Steuben TRIAD formed in February 1999.
WHAT DO TRIADS DO?
- Sponsor Crime Prevention programs for older persons
- Make available information on criminal activity
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist the police and sheriff's department
- Staff reassurance programs for older persons to reduce fear and provide moral support
- Provide a forum for law enforcement and the community to share needs and concerns -- and develop solution
- Unite seniors, sheriffs and local police to identify problem areas for seniors and local community
- Implement community-wide solutions
If you are a Steuben County Senior Citizen and would like more information about TRIAD or have suggestions or concerns you would like considered for TRIAD action you may call:
- HELPLINE 1-800-346-2211 or
- Contact us by mail:
c/o Steuben County Office for Aging
3 East Pulteney Square, Bath, NY 14810