Stop DWI Program
STOP DWI Coordinator
Think Before You Drink and Drive
Special Traffic Options Program For Driving While Intoxicated
Underage Drinking Party Tip Line 1-877-862-4847
Contact Terri Moir at 607-622-3901 to schedule an appointment for:
Why we have STOP DWI:
- Each year in this country, about 25,000 people are killed by drunk drivers or one person every 20 minutes; over 700,000 are injured.
- The U.S. has the highest number of alcohol-related fatalities, per capita of any nation in the world.
- The leading cause of death for Americans between age 16 and 24 is drunk driving.
- Five-Thousand (5,000) teens are killed each year by drunk driving.
- Annual U.S. economic toll for drunk driving is estimated at $24 billion.
- Drunk Driving is the fourth leading killer in the United States following heart disease, cancer, and strokes. We don't know yet how to "cure" these three diseases, but we know the "cure" for drunk driving...